Please download and complete the above form to participate in this by-election. When completed email the form to email@example.com
*Applicants will be notified of the exact dates for the election by email shortly
Members of Students’ Council
Members of Students’ Council (MSC) are usually elected in March to represent their constituency and are expected to abide by the USSU Code of Ethics. Since only one Councillor has been elected the vacancy must be filled prior to October 31st through by-election
Councillors consult with their constituents and collaborate with fellow councillors to act as an advocate for students. The term of councillors begins on May 1 and ends on the following April 30.
Meetings This Year are being held remotely over Zoom.
For more information, please read the USSU Bylaw and visit ussu.ca
The University Students’ Council shall be responsible to:
- pass an annual budget for the University of Saskatchewan Students’ Union.
- establish standing committees, boards, other committees and commissions from time to time that it considers advisable to make recommendations to the University Students’ Council.
- establish policies and direction for the University of Saskatchewan Students’ Union in areas affecting student affairs and to give direction to the Executive Committee with respect to same.
- promote, in cooperation with the Executive, the general welfare of undergraduate students at the University of Saskatchewan.
- report back, on a regular basis, to the constituency group from which they were elected.
- have final authority over the interpretation of the USSU Bylaw.
- Due to distanced learning and the current ongoing health concerns meetings this year will be conducted through Zoom until further notice. Council Meetings are generally every Thursday at 6:00 pm with the exception of May, June, July, and August.